The reflectivity of infrared light varies with the color and distance of the reflecting surface. According to this principle, Grove – Infrared Reflective Sensor utilizes a RPR220 reflective photosensor module to detect color and distance. When a light-colored object approaches,the signal intensity received by infrared reflective sensor increases and the indicator LED on board turns red. When a dark-colored object approaches, the intensity decreases and the LED turns off.
- Operating voltage: 4.5 V – 5.5 V
- Digital output, 0 or VCC
- High resolution sensor;minimum detectable length: 1mm black line
- Effective distanceï¼š4-15mm
- Indicator LED on board
- Sensitivity adjustable via potentiometer
- Small Grove 1X1 compatible interface