The FDC1004 is a single-chip IC for capacitance measurement for application including proximity sensing and liquid level sensing. This is based on the concept of measuring capacitance of an electrode with respect to ground.
This breakout board contains everything to connect it to an Arduino’s I2C pins and it can be connected to any other platform with support for I2C two-wire interfaces.
We have made several cool projects with it including proximity sensing and liquid-level sensing from the outside of a tank. Check out our Hackster page (hackster.io/protocentral) for the detailed project description.
Capacitive Liquid-level sensing using this board
Check it out on
- Breakout contains the Texas Instruments FDC1004 IC
- 4 channel measurement
- On-board 3.3V voltage regulator
- Output data rates up to 400 Samples/second
- Easy-to-use I2C interface
- Capacitance measurement range: +/- 15 pF
- Resolution: 0.5 fF
- Maximum offset capacitance: 100 pF