Using the I2c interface this expander has been designed for multiple functions.
Are you low on I/O? No problem! The SX1509 can leverage your I2C interface for 16 extra channels of GPIO. And that’s not all! This handy device also contains a fully programmable LED driver and a keypad scanning engine which enables continuous keypad monitoring of up to 64 keys! Since the I/O banks can operate between 1.2V and 3.6V (5.5V tolerant) independent of both the core and each other, this device can also work as a level-shifter.
This breakout board makes it easy to prototype using the SX1509 so you can add more I/O onto your Arduino or I/O limited controller. We’ve even spun up an Arduino Library to get you started!
- Enable Direct Level Shifting Between I/O Banks and Host Controller
- 5.5V Tolerant I/Os, Up to 15mA Output Sink on All I/Os
- Integrated LED Driver with Intensity Control
- On-Chip Keypad Scanning Engine Supports Up to 8×8 Matrix (64 Keys)
- 16 Channels of True Bi-directional Style I/O
- 400kHz I2C Compatible Slave Interface