ProtoCentral OpenOx is a standalone, wireless pulse oximetry development board that is powered by the ubiquitous ESP32 WROOM32 module and uses the AFE4400 IC to measure oxygen levels in the blood while also providing a PPG waveform, heart rate, and SpO2 values measured with high precision.
It functions as a standalone data acquisition system, allowing for continuous real-time monitoring of blood oxygen levels via BLE (and the included mobile app for Android). A standard Nellcor-compatible fingertip SpO2 probe is included, which is comfortable to wear.
Pulse Oximetry is an indirect method of measuring the oxygen levels in the blood. The sensor measures the amount of red and IR light wavelengths absorbed by blood to calculate the oxygen levels in blood. The measurement is done by a probe that clips on to a finger and contains emitters as well as a light sensor.
For more information on how exactly Pulse Oximetry works, check out this great article here
Since the amount of blood flowing through any blood vessel varies (pulses) with the rate of blood from the heart, this can also be used for measuring heart rate without the need for connecting any ECG electrodes.
- Microcontroller and wireless connectivity: ESP32, in WROOM32 module format, with a Dual-core Xtensa 32-bit CPU, 4 MB of on-board flash, Wi-Fi, and support for BLE
- Wireless interface: Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Firmware is written using the Arduino IDE
- Texas Instruments AFE4400 Single chip pulse pulse-oximetry front-end IC
- Standard Nellcor compatible DB9 connector for probe
- Calculates Spo2 values with provided code
- Real-time display of PPG (Photoplethysmogram)
- Data transmission over USB and/or BLE
- On-board battery charging and regulation. (Just connect a battery to make it standalone, battery NOT included, but any standard 3.7v Li-Ion should work)
- Compatible with the ProtoCentral OpenView visualization program.
- Board Dimensions: 73 x 34 mm
Important Notice: This device is NOT intended to be used in/as medical diagnostic equipment. This device is intended to be used solely for development, evaluation and research purposes only.
- ProtoCentral OpenOx Wireless Pulse Sensor Kit
- Set of stackable Arduino headers
- “Nellcor compatible” Pulse oximetry finger probe
There are no reviews yet.